here's the poster :
And this is the sypnopsis i got from Wikipedia:
"Caramel revolves around the intersecting lives of five Lebanese women. Layale (Nadine Labaki) works in a beauty salon in Beirut along with two other women, Nisrine (Yasmine Al Masri) and Rima (Joanna Moukarzel). Each one has a problem: Layale is stuck in a dead-end relationship with a married man; Nisrine is no longer a virgin but is set to be married and in the Arab world pre-marital sex is not accepted; Rima is attracted to women; Jamale (Gisèle Aouad), a regular customer and wannabe actress, is worried about getting old; Rose (Sihame Haddad), a tailor with a shop next to the salon, is an old woman who had devoted her life to taking care of her mentally unbalanced older sister Lili (Aziza Semaan), but has found her first love. The film doesn't refer to any of the political problems or recent warfare that has troubled Lebanon. Rather, Labaki's tale paints everyday people with everyday problems."
The film is Lebanon's official submission to the 80th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film.
- Directors' Fortnight selection 2007.
- San Sebastian Film Festival Youth Award 2007.
- San Sebastian Film Festival TCM Audience Award 2007.
- San Sebastian Film Festival Sebastiane Award 2007.
- Abu Dhabi Black Pearl for Best Actress for Nadine Labaki, Yasmine Al Masri, Joanna Moukarzel, Gisele Aouad, Siham Haddad and Asiza Semaan during the Middle east International film festival 2007.
- Variety Middle East Filmmaker of the Year for Nadine Labaki during the Middle East International film festival 2007.
- Best Feature film in Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2007.
- Achievement in Directing for Nadine Labaki in Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2007.
- Performance by an actress for Nadine Labaki, Yasmine Al Masri, Joanna Moukarzel, Gisele Aouad, Siham Haddad & Asiza Semaan in Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2007.
Seems interesting right?Well,i bet it is!Can't wait to watch it!Who's with me? :)